Wanna become a marketing leader some day? Do you know what it is about? The following content is provided by the Solvay Brussels School Economics & Management.
The world in which you will have to operate in your future business life is much more volatile, uncertain and complex. Yesterday’s consumer purchased from a limited set of offerings, and the communication was one-way, under complete control of marketing and advertising agencies. Today, individual consumers are much more educated, sceptical and fast-checker. They can start with an idea, a need, or an inspiration and browse online to find what they want, and, if they can't find it, create it themselves by working with companies that provide this capability.
Firms' profits, image and reputation are under pressure! In a CEO study commissioned by IBM, "More than two in five CEOs now expect their next competitive threat to come from organizations outside their industries. These new competitors aren't just set to steal market share. They are upsetting whole industries; reinventing how value is created; and redefining what constitutes value." Just think about TESLA for cars or Uber for Taxi and you can easily understand what is happening!
So questions you can ask yourself are:
- Do I understand these changes?
- Am I ready to cope with these changes?
- Am I skilled for these changes?
- Do I have the resources and technics for becoming a change leader in this exciting world?
As Generation Y or Z, turbulence, volatility and technology are parts of your DNA but it is not a sufficient condition for creating value from it. Ultimately, as future Marketing executives, your primary role will be to shape, build and maintain revenue streams. Growing top-line revenues will be your main objective and it has to be done through brand experiences, fun and bringing magic to customers.
Do we know few magic recipes that you can easily apply in your job for achieving this goal? Unfortunately not! There is however a strong consensus that Creativity and more specifically creative leadership could unlock profitable growth.
But what is really creativity?
Creativity is not about creating balloons, using funky fonts or photoshopping pictures. Creativity is characterized by the ability to perceive the world in new ways, to find hidden patterns, to make connections between seemingly unrelated phenomena, and to generate solutions. Creativity involves two processes: thinking, then producing. If you have ideas, but don’t act on them, you are imaginative but not creative.
True marketing leaders embrace uncertainty and complexity as creative catalysts that invite and, in fact, demand innovation. Creative leaders should view constraints at every level as exciting challenges that release–not restrict–creative responses. Additionally, creative leadership recognizes the risk in trying new things and doesn’t fear failure.
What is a Master in Creativity & Marketing about?
Our Advanced Master in Creativity & Marketing helps you to unlock your creative leadership in Marketing and will bring it to a highly practical level! How?
- You will understand creative processes and apply it in a number of marketing situations (in class, but also during a field project in organisations like L’ Oréal, communication agencies or innovative startups).
- You will create and design innovative and attractive concepts that are adapted to new market conditions, consumers’ new expectations and usages.
- You will learn and use new marketing tools suited to new business dynamics.
- You will be able to participate in different activities with key players (visit agencies, participating in a pitches competition, job speed-dating...) as we havestrong connections with the marketing industry (Marketing agencies and brands).
- You will sit Google certifications during the class with a course on SEO/SEA and Analytics.
So the question is again for you: Are you ready to boost your creative leadership? If you don’t know, think about it! If you feel it, call us! If you are sure, join us!
Contact: Aurélie Messina, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 2 650 39 15
- Start date: mid-September 2015
- Duration: 10 months
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Format: full time, 60 ECTS
- Language: English
- Tuition fee: 15000€
- Application deadline: August 31st (EU citizens)
- Requirements: Eligibility: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, fluent English, 3 years of professional experience maximum