Pictures & Videos:
|Address:||WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management|
WHU Otto Beisheim
Studying at the WHU Otto Beisheim
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is committed to excellence in management education concerning both learning and knowledge creation. The commitment to learning involves the development of first-rate graduates and the provision of a life-long learning environment for managers. The commitment to knowledge creation aims to produce high-quality research output and other intellectual contributions. WHU pursues its mission in particular by
- Emphasizing the global dimension of business
- Combining academic rigor with practical relevance
- Encouraging responsible leadership and teamwork
- Creating a stimulating intellectual and international environment
- Attracting and developing high-quality researchers
- Supporting an entrepreneurial culture and Providing service to the community
Besides the Master in Management (MSc) and the Master in Finance (MSc), WHU also offers a Bachelor program, a full-time MBA Program, a part-time MBA Program and an Executive MBA program, the latter in cooperation with Kellogg School of Management in the US.
Vallendar is situated in the heart of the famous Upper Middle Rhine Valley, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are excellent opportunities for students to explore the beautiful surroundings – take a boat trip through the ancient Rhine gorge past castle-topped cliffs or to cycle through the Moselle Valley, home to some of Germany’s best vineyards.
Though Vallendar is a small city, it hosts two universities, the WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management and the Philosophisch-Theologische Hochschule Vallendar (PTHV). But WHU does not only cooperate with PTHV, moreover it maintains close relationships with the two universities located in Koblenz, one of Germany’s oldest and most beautiful cities, just 8 kilometers away from Vallendar. WHU can be reached from Frankfurt International, Cologne/Bonn and Frankfurt/Hahn Airport in about 1 hour.
WHU offers students various financing options in order to ensure that everyone who has been successful in obtaining admission can study at WHU:
- Reduced Tuition: On condition that students perform extraordinarily well or do not exceed significantly the BAföG limit, they have fair chances to receive a 33 % to 50 % reduction of tuition fees.
- WHU Brain Capital GmbH: In 2006, a new and innovative funding program has been developed by WHU alumni: the “Inverse Generation Contract”. Students who are in need of financial support or wish to finance their graduate studies on their own, may apply for this funding. During their studies participants are exempted from tuition fees and interest. After having started their professional life, graduates have to pay 4.5 % of their gross income over a period of 10 years, whereas the maximum payment is capped. By this means the final “tuition fees” are proportional to the achievements in the jobs.
- The In Praxi – Diversity Scholarship
In Praxi, the WHU Alumni Association has launched the In Praxi – Diversity Scholarship. Its purpose is to help young qualified applicants from foreign countries to gain more courage, self-confidence and strength by providing them with financial aid and mental support. At this, individual students out of underrepresented groups are fostered with partial scholarships.
- Loan Program of Sparkasse Koblenz: WHU has arranged low-interest loans for students with the municipal savings bank. This offer is available to all WHU students without special collateral requirements.
- The In Praxi- Women in Business Scholarship: This scholarship seeks to help particularly qualified women pursue their studies at WHU with financial and moral support, and more generally encourage a larger proportion of female applicants to WHU. The Scholarship covers 50 percent of WHU’s tuition fee and is offered to students who won’t be able to finance their studies on their own.
- Other Scholarships: WHU students have a good chance of acceptance in a scholarship program, e.g. DAAD, German National Academic Association, Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes, etc.
WHU is consistently placed among the leading schools in national and international rankings: top places in different national and international rankings like ZEIT/CHE, Handelsblatt etc.
Also, with its Kellogg-WHU EMBA program, WHU is ranked #26 worldwide in the international Financial Times ranking.
WHU is not only world-class in the eyes of its students – alumni and human resources departments also give WHU excellent grades.
The rankings place WHU among the leaders in academics and – not a given for private universities – research. The Master in Management was ranked #1 in Germany and #7 worldwide in the recent 2017 Financial Times Master in Management Ranking.
WHU was the first German university to be awarded the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Certificate. This accreditation, granted as a sign of approval for international business schools, has been extended for another five years in March 2009. All WHU degree programs are government approved.
As an important step in the approval process, the Bachelor, Master, MBA and Kellogg-WHU Executive MBA programs passed the accreditation process of FIBAA in September 2005; the accreditation has been granted the same month. FIBAA accreditation also includes recognition by the “Stiftung zur Akkreditierung von Studiengängen in Deutschland” (German accreditation body). All programs have been reaccredited in spring 2010.
In 2010, WHU obtained the recognized accreditation by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This is, once again, a proof of WHU’s excellent quality.
Why to study here
The WHU culture is based on the commitment to excellence, team leadership, partnership and continuous innovation. WHU believes that, by creating both a challenging and supporting environment, students are given the space to develop their own potential whilst providing them with the tools to become successful leaders. This philosophy is embraced and enhanced within the WHU Master of Science Program. The key characteristics are:
- Challenging but fast program
- Various specializations
- Management-specific skills
- Teamwork and responsible leadership
- Cross-cultural experience
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial and entrepreneurial practice
- Vibrant university community
- Supportive study environment
- Successful career launch platform and alumni network