MSc Global Business and Management is an innovative and exciting course aimed at developing students who intend to work in international contexts. As a dual degree, students will graduate with two MSc awards on completion of the course.
- You will spend two terms studying at Nottingham Business School, and one term at one of our three partner institutions, ISCTE-IUL in Lisbon, Portugal, University of Brescia, Italy, or EUROMED KEDGE in Marseille, France.
- You will then spend the final term completing an internship in the same country, or in an internationally-focused organisation in the UK.
- On completion of the course you will receive two MSc awards – one from Nottingham Trent University, and one from the partner institution.
- The course will provide you with the opportunity to explore practice in the context of relevant contemporary theory and research, and with particular reference to the management of organisations which operate across international boundaries.
- You will develop competencies and skills for understanding the international phenomena that affect companies’ decisions.
- As part of your induction, you will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from organisations such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You can also build your skills and knowledge further with extra-curricular activities such as joining a society, volunteering, becoming a Student Ambassador.
Core Modules include:
- Organisation and Management
- International Business Environment and Strategy
- Social Responsibility, Compliance and Accountability
- Foreign Language
- Research Methods (Online module)
The modules you study whilst you are abroad will vary depending on the institution you choose to complete the course with.
During the Masters, you will develop competencies and skills for understanding the international phenomena that affect companies’ decisions, you will analyse and evaluate internationalisation strategies, consider ways of assessing organisational performance, analyse and evaluate the impact of sustainability in the pursuit of competitive advantage, and critically assess the way multifaceted cultural settings influence both companies and markets in which those operate.
96% of our postgraduates* are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (*of those available to work - DHLE Survey 2015 / 16).
There are many opportunities for progression including:
- building on the expertise developed during the Masters Course to gain accelerated promotion in your chosen profession
- gaining employment within multinational corporations
- carrying out consultancy work within a wide range of sectors (e.g. manufacturing, hospitality, distribution)
- starting your own business in an international setting
- undertaking further study within the field of global management, leadership and international business
- changing career direction towards a managerial role.