Forum: General Forum (2 Comments)

MIM in australia

• Posted by - mysiddharth - on 25 September 2014 - 7:40pm

hi thomas ,
    firstly i will like to mention that i am a daily reader of this forum and its a fantastic forum . I am a indian student and have just completed my engineering from civil. As i was looking forward for mim courses i found that france have most of top bschools but it only gives stayback period of 1yr, in contrary to australia give stayback period of 3yr after graduation and it have more job prospects then europe but i found no australian bschools in ft ranking ,so i am little confuse about both of countries ...

P.S.
    i am a little inclined towards australia as there will be language barrier in france and have less stayback period.
    so plz do suggest about my problem ..

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 26 September 2014 - 11:06am

Hi there,

have you read my MIM eBook already? I suggest that you do this first (and thoroughly). It will teach you the fundamental knowledge about Masters in Management (MIM) and also provides you with a methodology how to identify quality programs, compare programs, and finally identify programs that fit your profile.

If you understand my MIM approach as outlined in this book, you will understand that a lot depends on your preferences and goals. A key criterion in this context can be: In which country do you want to work after graduation? And which schools helps you the most to find a job there?

So, I suggest that you invest a day or two to thoroughly read it his book and think about it first - and apply what you learnt to your specific situation and problem (Australia vs. France? How important is the stayback-period after reading the career statistics and talking to alumni? Is the French language a barrier or an opüortunity? etc.).

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Owner MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook