Forum: General Forum (3 Comments)
MBA or MIM what should I do
Posted by - thomas.graf - on 7 June 2022 - 9:08am
First of all, please read carefully my article about the differences between an MBA and a Master of Management (MIM). After that, you wil be able to answer your first two questions.
Founder of the MIM Compass
Author of the MIM eBooks
Posted by - Mini - on 7 June 2022 - 1:04pm
Thank you for replying and I read the article. Considering my little work experience I have decided to opt for MIM
Posted by - Mini - on 6 June 2022 - 11:23am
First a brief about my profile.
Graduation in Architecture from 2012 to 2018 (had to take a gap year due to health issues), after that started preparing for upsc from 2018 to 2021 and from 2020 started doing job (receptionists, nothing major as it gave me time to study for the Civil services). In 2021 had made it to the interview but couldn't Crack it, so decided to do MBA as had intrest in consulting(developed during my professionalwork). As there were no growth opportunities, I decided to quit. So basically I have 1,5 yr work exp
Considering my profile I feel that i am not eligible for mba. As I have low gpa(5.25/10) and no extra curricular activities to show not even during college(due to many reasons).
So I wanted to know
- Should I do mba(find a job complete 2 yr) or mim?
- if doing MIM at 28 would be good or bad? As I have heard that recruiters hire young graduates rather than older one. Will age be a problem while finding job?
- Which colleges should I apply for in asian countries(I wanted to go for essec and insead singapore)?
- I am planning to give gre what should be my targeted score?
- Any way I can improve my profile and increase my chances?