Forum: General Forum (2 Comments)

Kindly evaluate my profile!

• Posted by - Minakshi Mukherjee - on 17 March 2015 - 6:21am

Hi Thomas,

First of all, thank you very much for the webpage itself as it is the only convenient way to search and compare business schools offering MiM programmes.

I would be highly grateful if you kindly evaluate my profile and throw some light on my chances of getting into the top tier schools.

I have an unique academic profile:
    BSc in Botany in 2011 (75%)
    MSc in Botany in 2013 (CGPA- 4.92/6)
    Worked for 1 year as a researcher.
    GMAT- have my exam scheduled and likely to get ~700.

After working as a researcher in the plant sciences field, now I am interested to get a business or management degree and move to the consulting industry (healthcare preferably) as an analyst.

Given my background, I have a few questions:

1. What are my chances of getting into the top business schools in UK, France or Spain (most schools in Germany require a relevant background, as far as I know)?

2. I have no international exposure (though I have travelled throughout India and India is one of the most diverse countries as you might know). Can this be a hindrance to my selection in the top b-schools?

3. What is the chances of getting a job after graduation in UK, France or Spain for international students? What are the visa regulations?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Minakshi

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 17 March 2015 - 5:43pm

Hi there,

have you read my MIM eBook already? I suggest that you do this first (and thoroughly). It will teach you the fundamental knowledge about Masters in Management (MIM) and also provides you with a methodology how to identify quality programs, compare programs, and finally identify programs that fit your profile.

You will also develop a sense of the requirements and your chances of getting into so-called top schools - and you will learn how you can find out about this such that you have reliable information.

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Owner MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook