|Address:||Kuehne Logistics University|
Großer Grasbrook 17
Kuehne Logistics University
Studying at the Kuehne Logistics University
Kühne Logistics University - KLU, is a private, state-recognized university located in Hamburg’s harbor.
Sponsored by the nonprofit Kühne-Stiftung, KLU offers a broad spectrum of courses and research in logistics, supply chain and business management. Our BSc, MSc and PhD programs are distinguished by an international student body, an outstanding faculty, an intimate learning environment and extensive corporate ties. Our Executive MBA program, a seminar series and international summer and autumn schools provide excellent opportunities for professionals to expand their know-how.
KLU is unique for its international faculty and research expertise in logistics and related aspects ofbusiness. It ranks among the top universities in the 2014 Handelsblatt research ranking of business administration faculties in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (most important research ranking in Germany). KLU also achieved a top rating in the five most important criteria CHE Center for Higher Education examined in its current master’s student rankings for business administration. (most important program ranking in Germany).
Hamburg and HafenCity – the place to study logistics
The Kühne Logistics University is situated in the waterfront urban development area of HafenCity in Hamburg, which as one of Europe’s largest seaports is ideal for the campus. Together with the Fraunhofer Institute for Maritime Logistics and the technology-oriented logistics center at the Hamburg University of Technology with its strong leaning towards business science and interdisciplinary studies, is part of an important cluster of logistics research institutes in northern Europe.
With over four million inhabitants, the Hamburg metropolitan area is among the biggest winners to gain from the opening up of Eastern Europe and globalization. This metropolis on the water is the most easterly of the northern seaports, making it the ideal port for Eastern Europe. As a global hub serving overseas countries, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Baltic area, Hamburg benefits from its central position at the confluence of the global trade handled by European logistics.
- Several KLU merit-based scholarships (50% - 100% tuition); applicants are chosen on the basis of outstanding academic performance, social commitment, and/or extracurricular activities.
- Several KLU scholarships in co-operation with e-fellows.net (50% tuition); applicants must be fellows of the e-fellows.net career network and online scholarship program.
- 1 KLU scholarship in co-operation with the Klaus Murmann Fellow Program (100% tuition); applicants must be scholars in the Klaus Murmann Fellowship Program (Stiftung der DeutschenWirtschaft).
Brain Capital financing is an innovative way for students to finance their studies at Kühne Logistics University. In this plan, the KLU tuition fee fund carries the tuition fees for the degreeprogram. Students can pursue their degree without having to pay tuition fees or any interest. In return, students commit themselves to make incomedependent payments after graduation.
Handelsblatt Ranking 2014 (most important program ranking in Germany)
The 2014 Handelsblatt Ranking for Business Schools places Kühne Logistics University (KLU) in Hamburg at the very top. KLU ranks no. 3 in research output per professor among all universities in Germany and has the highest research output of all private business schools in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
CHE University Ranking 2014 (most important research ranking in Germany)
KLU achieved a top rating in the five most important criteria CHE Center for Higher Education examined in its current master’s student rankings for business administration. KLU students who responded to the survey gave the overall learning environment, academic program, supervision, and international orientation the top rating of very good. They gave the same rating to the degree program’s relevance to academics and practice, the library, and the building and facilities.
KLU programs are accredited by FIBAA, ASIIN
Why to study here
- You will have outstanding international career prospects! Logistics and supply chain management are booming and drive of growth in world trade. The logistics and supply chain industries provide excellent international career opportunities and financial prospects.
- You can study logistics where logistics is happening! Hamburg is a gateway to the world and northern Europes leading logistics metropolis. Nowhere else can you study logistics so close to the real thing: right in the center of Hamburgs harbor. The worlds most modern container terminals and countless potential employers are but a stones throw away.
- You will study at the world's only logistics university! Kühne Logistics University is dedicated to teaching and research in logistics and supply chain management. It is financially supported by Klaus-Michael Kühne one of the most outstanding leaders of the global logistics industry.
- You will benefit from an international environment! Meet students from all over the world. Exchange ideas on logistics and supply chain management in classes taught by international lecturers and professors. Share your cultural perspective and learn about others.
- Build up your own network! Create a reliable network. After graduating, you can join the Alumni Association, which will help you network with fellow graduates as well as experienced members of our executive education programs. This is the place to build a life-long professional network of the highest quality.
- Get to know your future employer! Small group discussions, company presentations, and guest lecturers from well-known companies: our degree programs give you a lot of opportunities to meet your future employer. Internships also give you a chance to get your foot in the door an build your resumé.
- Focus on your studies! Enjoy the advantages of a private university: instruction in small groups, high student-teacher ratio, easy access to important contacts, modern infrastructure and a comprehensive range of services. In short, you do the studying, we do everything else!