Forum: School selection (4 Comments)

school selection

• Posted by - snigdha6 - on 25 August 2015 - 5:40pm

Hey, Im currentky in my undergrad final year (ENGINEERING-ECE). my current cgpa is 8.8/10. Im planning to take my gmat in this october (2015). I want to do masters in management , I was looking at kellogg MSMS program and michigan ross MM program.I want to get a decent job after graduation and my field of interest is finance . I have done an internship in BHEL for 2 months and currently working on a paper, all in ECE stream only. I have no experience. My profile is pretty good though . Im a member of ecell (entrepreneurship cell ) and IEEE. I have conducted lot of events and attended many conferences. Im also part of a small start-up in college which is doing well.Could yu please help me if my profile is a right fit for LBS , ross , kellogg or any other colleges? And also what should be my appropriate gmat score ?

Any little help is appreciated.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Snigdha

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 27 August 2015 - 7:16pm

Hi there,

you profile looks good but at the end of the day your final grade will be very important - and the GMAT score. Keep in mind that you compete with other applicants and the acceptance level may differ from year to year, depending on your peer applicants.

An idea would be to get into contact with a school representative (via a university fair, an open day, a skype conference etc.) and with an alum or current student - this will help you understand the process inside the school.

Finally, I recommend you to read my MIM eBook, particularly the chapters on ANALYZING PROGRAMS AND SCHOOLS. Takes you a few Dollars and some hours to work through - but it provides you with helpful knowledge for your application and the final decision if you have acceptance letters from more than one school. Also, read the GMAT chapter.

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Director MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook

• Posted by - Kartik Dhyani - on 5 September 2015 - 1:38pm

thomas please help me n tell me if my profile is suitbale.
        ive messaged you my profile.

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 7 September 2015 - 11:25am

Hi there,

I have seen your message and I answered you in the other thread already, regarding your GMAT question.

In terms of "how suitable is your profile" there is no quick answer. It depends on what you want, where you want to apply etc.

As a starting point, I always recommend the users of my Forum: Read my MIM eBook thoroughly. It requires a few Dollars to invest and an afternoon to read - but it will change and enrich your perspective and you will better understand what you want, how good your profile is and which schools you can approach.

If people don't want to do that and if they want quick, superficial answers, then I am the wrong person to speak to.

So, my recommendation to you is the same: Read my MIM eBook first - and if you still have questions afterwards, feel free to come back here again.

Best wishes
          Thomas

By Thomas Graf
          Director MIM Compass
          Author of the MIM eBook