Forum: School selection (2 Comments)

School selection

• Posted by - Shivambabel - on 23 January 2015 - 3:00pm

I have a query regarding my chances in LBS, LSE and NUS.
    I am 22 years old resident of India.i wish to study in UK/Singapore. I have completed my graduation from Calcutta University in B.com(H) securing 58.5%. I had received 87.6% in my class X and XII. Currently I am working in my family business of industrial hardware for 8 months now. I am taking the GMAT next week and expecting a score of around 670. Considering my low graduation grades am I aiming too high. Do I even have a chance in these colleges. Should I instead apply for Warwick/Manchester? I also heard that employment for international students in UK is difficult in these times. How much truth does this hold.

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 23 January 2015 - 5:22pm

Hi there,

I don't know about the NUS but for LSE and LBS I am pretty sure that your grades are too weak. But to be sure you should better analyze the schools you mentioned by collecting different sorts of information from different sources. Read the Practical Tips chapter in my eBook to learn what to do. There you find also advice on how you find out your job perspectives in the UK.

Best wishes
      Thomas