Forum: General Forum (3 Comments)

Profile Evaluation

• Posted by - akki248 - on 1 August 2015 - 11:00pm

Hello Thomas,

I feel lucky to have found this website that provides insight into the MiM programmes. Thanks!

Kindly evaluate my profile as I'm looking to apply for MiM programmes next year:

Nationality: Indian

Education:
    Xth and XIIth grade- above 90%
    Undergrad University- National Institute of Technology, Surat
    Major: Mechanical Engineering (Graduated in 2013)
    C.G.P.A- 9.03 (top 8% of class)

Leadership positions held: Student Welfare Secretary, Hospitality Head in Annual Cultural Fest, Class representative
    Volunteering: Teach For India (1 month)

Internships: 4 (in reputed companies and organizations)
    Extracurricular activity: Average
    Work Experience: 1.5 yrs at Siemens Ltd.
    GRE: Q=164, V=152, AWA=4

Career Goal:
    I intend to have an international experience which is recognized globally and has good ROI- thus aiming for scholarships. Preferably work in the Corporate Strategy/Consultancy domain.

Current Situation:
    At present, I'm concentrating on increasing language proficiency, learn new marketable skills & plan to work in a startup/volunteer in an NGO.

Personal Preferences:

1. Work in a country where predominantly people speak English, though I'm learning a new language.
    2. No major VISA hurdles, if working abroad.
    3. Avail Scholarships
    4. The Job market in the host country accepts international students

At present, I'm completely confused after looking all of the Universities mentioned here.
    It would be better to have a third person's opinion and would be highly obliged if you could suggest some B-schools accordingly.

Thanking You!

P.S.- This is my first thread post!

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 3 August 2015 - 11:06am

Hi there,

the starting point for everything here is my MIM eBook. It reduces your confusion and brings order into the scene of MIM programs (I agree, there are so many offers that it is easy to get confused...).

And - most importantly - it provides you with a step-by-step procedure how you find teh right programs that fit your profile.

So, for the moment I recommend you to read it carefully (will take you a few Dollars and an afternoon), think about it and follow my recommendations there.

If you still have questions after that, feel free to pose them here.

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Owner MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook

• Posted by - akki248 - on 3 August 2015 - 6:51pm

Hey,

Thanks! Shall do that ASAP. :)