Forum: General Forum (6 Comments)

MiM in Europe

• Posted by - thomas.graf - on 10 September 2018 - 10:17am

Hi there,

please read carefully the admissions criteria of the Master in Management programs in my survey "The MIM - Entry Requirements for the Master in Management".

Here you find information on the TOEFL and minimum requirements. You can find a comparison between IELTS and TOEFL in the internet. And then you have your answer.

Best regards,
    Thomas

By Thomas Graf
    Owner MIM Compass
    Author of the MIM eBook

• Posted by - Akshay Shivanand Bilagi - on 7 September 2018 - 7:30am

My ielts score is 5.5. do i get any colleges in Europe for masters in management?

• Posted by - thomas.graf - on 1 December 2017 - 1:24am

Hi there,

have you read my answer above...? Have you read my eBook "Business Masters: How you find the best Master in Management or MBA"...? This eBook shows you HOW you select a MIM program.

In short, the process is: (1) Reflect your career goals, (2) Reflect your Resources, (3) Analyze programs (e.g., Grenoble MIM and UCD Michael Smurfit CEMS/MIM), (4) Make a decision.

Of course, you can make your decision based on someone who tells you "Choose A - I heard that it is better" - but this is not serious. "Serious" means you ask the right questions to the right people, starting with yourself.

• What do I wanna do after graduation?
    • How much can the respective school help me achieve this goal?

For this, you need to collect information, talk to school representatives and students - and in my eBook, I offer you a step-by-step plan for this.

Good luck,
    Thomas

By Thomas Graf
    Founder MIM Compass
    Author of the MIM eBooks

• Posted by - thomas.graf - on 29 November 2017 - 10:45am

Hi there,

well, the decision is up to you - and the quality of your decision depends on your investigation efforts before. With investigation efforts I mean more than just asking "Is this the right decision?" - I mean a thorough approach of gaining information about a program, aligning these information with your goals, and comparing this information with information gained from other programs.

The GMAT, indeed, is a requirement that more and more business schools ask for - not only regarding their MBA programs but also regarding pre-experience Masters such as the Master in Management (MIM).

Grenoble is not the only established, ranked and internationally accredited school, however, that does not require the GMAT. To learn more about other quality schools without the GMAT requirement, I recommend you two approaches.

The first approach: Go down the list of MIM programs in the Financial Times MIM Ranking, visit their website admission pages, and read their requirements.

The second approach: Read my MIM - Entry Requirements ebook which presents the admission requirements of more than 50 internationally recognized MIM programs, based on answers that thge school representatives gave to me directly via an online-survey.

As for your question "Is the Grenoble program the right program for me?" - well, this depends on your career goals as I outline in Business Masters - How you find the best Master in Management or MBA? - please read it thoroughly to understand the logic of my approach and to get tips how you can find out more about programs.

I give you some examples, but you will find more in my eBook:

• If your goal is to find a job in France after your MIM, find out how many MIM graduates of your nationality enrolled in this program and how many found a job in France afterwards? If the number is zero, ask for reasons... How can you find this out? Well, contact the school...

• If your goal is to work for a certain employer or industry, find out how many graduates started to work in that industry or for that employer. This can be found out through contacting the school and the respective employers.

• Have you already asked the school to bring you in contact with a current students who youi can interview?

I wish you good luck and all the best!
    Thomas

By Thomas Graf
    Founder MIM Compass
    Author of the MIM eBooks

• Posted by - Vedika - on 30 November 2017 - 4:39pm

Could you tell me if I should go for Grenoble ecole de management's MIB program or Smurfit UCD's MiM(CEMS)?
      I have a B1 level of French and my primary aim to work in Europe for the atleast a few years after the masters. Which college and country would be the better option for better opportunities?

• Posted by - Vedika - on 28 November 2017 - 10:44am

I have already recieved an offer from Grenoble Ecole de Management for MiB. It was the first school that I applied to. I have a good 92% in my high school, an average percentage in my undergraduation (62%), NGO work, 2 year of work experience and a 1 "gap year" after that where I was preparing for a open government diplomatic services examination which I could not pass. Exams like GMAT or GRE have never been my strengths and GEM doesn't ask for it so I haven't given for them yet. My aim is to get a masters and later a good job in the Europe with a salary as good as possible. Should I be happy and content with Grenoble or are there better colleges that I could aim for which are still achievable with the said gpa & the gap year? I am very sceptical of me getting something like a 720 in GMAT & therefore do no see the point of giving it as I am not sure if it could get me better colleges.