Forum: Application & Admission (2 Comments)

Profile Evaluation

• Posted by - saje - on 12 September 2015 - 4:48pm

Hi Thomas!

Could you kindly evaluate my profile as mentioned below.

B.E. Comp Sci and M.Sc. Economics from one of the top institutes of India with a CGPA of 7.4 on 10

Unfortunate low score on GMAT with 700 (Q49 V35)

Have currently 15 months of work experience as a consultant in Ernst and Young.

I am looking forward for MIM course in the follwing colleges -

1. ESSEC
    2. WHU Beisheim
    3. ESADE

Could you kindly let me know if it is possible to get through one og these colleges with low GMAT score.

Thanks in advance.

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 15 September 2015 - 12:10am

Hi there,

thank you for your question.

Please note that I don't assess profiles. I help students learn how to assess them themselves. In your case, you mentioned your grades, your GMAT, and your work experience - vis-a-vis 3 business schools. So, the goal would be that you learn to assess and find out if something is a problem here or if all of this is sufficient.

As a next step, I recommend you to read my MIM eBook thoroughly before we keep on going here. Two thoughts before you start to read: 1. Have you analyzed the schools' entry requirements pages already? 2. Why do you want to do a MIM if you have 15 months of work experience right now and probably 2 years when you start your Master?

When you read my eBook, you will quickly understand what's the right program type for you, how to assess the entry requirements of your three schools and how to compare the three programs.

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Director MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook