Forum: Application & Admission (2 Comments)

Profile evaluation

• Posted by - Reneev - on 3 August 2015 - 8:43pm

Hi Thomas,

I am currently a working professional at a sales and marketing consulting firm from the past 2 years.

Following are my scores:
    GRE:322
    TOEFL: 104
    Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 ( B.Tech in Information and Communication Technology)
    12th Grade : 89.8%
    10th Grade : 93.2%
    Diploma in French (equivalent to DELF B1)

I am from India ad currently working here. However, I did my schooling from Qatar.

I am aiming for the following universities:
    WHU
    HEC
    LBS
    IE Business School.

Are these too big shot for my profile? What do you think? Or should I add more colleges to the list?

I understand that your first suggestion might be to wait out and pursue an MBA (based on your past responses to posts). However, I feel that this is the right time for my to augment my managerial skills at a certain level. I do wish to pursue an executive MBA, but at a later stage in my professional life, probably 10 years later.

Also, another reason to pursue MIM is that even if I gave GMAT and scored a decent 730ish and tried applying for a MBA next year (with 3 years of experience in hand), the chances of getting into HEC, LBS or a good Bschool are too slim, keeping in mind their class profiles.
    Any form of answers or suggestions would be highly helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
    Renee

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 4 August 2015 - 11:34am

Hi Renee,

the starting point for everything here is my MIM eBook. I ask any student who wants advice here in the future to read it first and think about it. It costs a few Dollars and some hours to read but it resolves many questions upfront, deepens your knowledge beyond your actual question so that you may consider alternatives, and most importantly: It shows you a procedure by which you can find your ideal program - whether it is a Master in Management, an MBA or a different type of business master - and by which you can check whether the schools in your list (WHU, HEC etc.) are the best ones for you.

In your case, I can say upfront: With 2 years of work experience (this means you will have about 3 years until you start a program) the typical general management education is a full-time MBA. But is this really what you need right now? Which alternatives do you have in terms of education? My eBook will guide you through these questions in the first chapters - before it helps you analyze schools in the advanced chapters.

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Owner MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook