Forum: Application & Admission (3 Comments)

anyone else got accepted to HEC MIM? (2015 intake)

• Posted by - ldh8504 - on 21 February 2015 - 7:02am

I got accepted to Jan intake! I was looking for a community for acceptees but i couldnt find one. :/
    by the way, I have no idea how many international students get accepted at HEC MIM each year. I know 400 french students get accepted, but as for the international students.. does anyone know?

+To add to help those who haven't applied yet:

Korean, but went to high school in China and college in US
    GPA: 3.3/4.0
    Undergraduate: top US public uni, political science
    Internship: FIFA agency, think tank, securities firm
    EC: student council in high school & college, board member of a student association, volunteer job in Africa twice
    GRE: 164/164/4.0

Apparently my stats were not very competitive; I think my essays appealed the most. Because I did not expect that I would get in,
    I did not try to impress too hard in a traditional way, but rather tried to be ...set apart in a way. I answered to all written questions and interview questions quite frankly
    For example, I said that I wanted to work for McKinsey as for now, but I am open to change and I am aware of the fact that all the thought i have now is a result of speculation so my mind might change over the course of the study at HEC.

let me know if you have any questions!

• Posted by - Ruhm - on 18 March 2015 - 12:19am

Hey ldh8504,

I got accepted too but it realy is hard to find any group or resource for newly admitted international students. The facebook groups I found seem to only accept you once you actually start the program ...

PM me if you want to get in touch.

Stats for prospectives :

760 GMAT
      3.9/4.0 GPA in math/econ from a top 50 US school
      Non-French European national
      Internships : large asset management firm, small private wealth management, mid-size oil, mid-size shipping on three continents and languages
      EC : founder/board member or university club, president of an association (5 figure budget, 50+ volunteer members), sports here and there

• Posted by - Thomas Graf - on 21 February 2015 - 11:44am

Congrats! And thanks for your comment!

Best wishes
      Thomas

By Thomas Graf
      Owner MIM Compass
      Author of the MIM eBook