Studying at the ESMT Berlin
ESMT Berlin is Germany's top-ranked international business school based in Berlin, Germany. The School was founded by 25 internationally operating companies and institutions to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally, act responsibly, and respect the individual. ESMT is:
- Germany's most international business school
- A center for business discussion with our corporate founders
- A global network with alumni in over 40 countries
- A collaboration between academic partners, NGOs, and businesses
ESMT offers Master's in Management, full-time MBA and Executive MBA, and executive education. All ESMT programs benefit from close relationships with ESMT's corporate network: Allianz, McKinsey, Bosch, and Siemens, among others, guarantee internships for Master's in Management students.
ESMT brings Berlin to your fingertips. The campus is in the center of the city, with direct access to every neighborhood. Europe’s most vibrant capital is a center for entrepreneurship, design, cutting-edge architecture, and famous nightlife. After living in Berlin, students say that the city was a highlight of their experience. Its international culture welcomes all nationalities. Apartments and expenses are low – it is one of the cheapest European capital cities.
ESMT's Master's in Management is an excellent investment in your future. Many ESMT graduates obtain jobs with compensation over double their tuition at ESMT. Most ESMT students fund their studies with a combination of personal financing, loans, and scholarships.
ESMT will offer a limited number of partial tuition scholarships for students with exceptional academic merit. A small number of full-tuition scholarships will also be available for excellent applicants from developing economies with financial need.
- Please have a look at our scholarship list.
Currently, ESMT ranks as:
- #21 in the Financial Times European Business School Ranking 2016
- #1 in Career Progress for the Executive MBA for five consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 - FT EMBA ranking)
- ESMT ranked 26th, placing 1st in Germany and 7th in Europe in the Economist “Which MBA?” global ranking of the top 100 full-time MBA programs in 2015
- ESMT entered the Financial Times MBA 2015 ranking of Top 100 full-time MBA programs at 63th, and reconfirmed it in 2016.
- The Economist places ESMT at #8 worldwide in its bi-annual EMBA ranking 2015.
ESMT holds accreditations from multiple organizations from AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS and FIBAA. They are evidence of ESMT's commitment to the highest quality of teaching and research that is in line with international industry standards.
Why study here
The two-year, pre-experience MIM program combines classroom learning and corporate networking. Students will complete up to 10 months of applied work with up to three different organizations in Germany and abroad.
Courses on campus compliment the in-company experience with soft-skills training, two different learning streams, four competitive specializations, and guided research. Students complete work assignments abroad, learn a new language, and develop knowledge of how businesses develop and shape new technology and innovation. With all this experience during the program, graduates can make a difference from the first day in their career.