This course will equip you with the skills necessary to develop a successful career in today’s dynamic and global marketing industry. This is reflected in or Graduate Gateway accrditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which highlights the relevance of the content, approach and philosophy adopted.
- You will benefit from exposure to leading-edge marketing thinking, tools and techniques.
- You'll gain insight from marketing professionals as well as experienced lecturers.
- The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), meaning you will have exemption from modules from the CIM's Certificate or Diploma in Professional Marketing (depending on experience).
- You will consider aspects of marketing management and how marketing operates in a variety of different contexts.
- There is a unique opportunity to complete a consultancy project working for a real client on a live brief.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You can build your skills and knowledge further with extra-curricular activities such as joining a society, volunteering, becoming a Student Ambassador.
This term will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge in marketing.
- Strategic Perspectives and the Global Environment
- Principles of Marketing Communication
During this term you will focus on practice and specialise in areas pertinent to your course with one 'management' module and one 'practice' module.
- Marketing Management
- Driving Marketing Innovation
The final term will see you putting your knowledge and skills into practice with a practical consultancy / in-company module. You will also study one further theory module alongside this.
- Applied Consultancy Project or In-Company Project
- Contemporary Perspectives in Customer Engagement
- Developing the Effective and Responsible Practitioner
94% of our postgraduates* are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (*of those available to work - DHLE Survey 2012 / 13).
As a graduate of MSc Marketing you will have a wide range of potential career opportunities and you will find a strong emphasis on your career development throughout the year, including a dedicated careers week in the second term.
- You might find a role in marketing management generally (for example, product manager, brand manager, account manager) or a more specialist area of marketing such as creative or research roles, customer relationship management, customer retention, buying and category management.
- The desirability of this qualification is such that you will also have career opportunities in a consultancy or general management role. Indeed many Chief Executives now come from marketing backgrounds.
- Recent graduates of the programme have found jobs around the world in a wide variety of large and small organizations as marketing executives, buyers, account managers, sales executives and many more.
- In addition, a Masters degree is an ideal foundation for further research at DBA, PhD or MPhil level.