The Master’s in Management (MIM) is a two-year, pre-experience program, designed to enhance the skills developed during a student’s undergraduate studies, and how to apply them to economic analysis, product development, and new technology management within the global marketplace. Students with any previous degree are welcome to apply to the MIM. Admitted students can also choose to apply for a double degree with Yale University and spend their second year in the USA or an exchange with a partner university. The average age of MIM students is 23 with an average of 6 month’s of work experience (maximum 18 months post-graduation experience). Classes are around 120 students per year and average 80% international participants.
The program summary:
- The courses are divided into two streams with a focus on international management. Either Quantitative Business or Innovative Management.
- Depending on the stream, you choose among four specializations:
- Business Analytics: Data science for analytics, Advanced decision making tools, Risk modeling, Predictive analytics, Machine learning & causality
- Finance & Investments: International finance & risk management, Entrepreneurial finance and FinTech, Alternative investments, Investments (portfolio theory & asset pricing)
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: The human factor of innovation, Design thinking, Startup challenge, Entrepreneurial finance,
- Global & Digital Strategy: Digital marketing, Matchmakers in digital economy, Strategic international management, Digital business transformation, Digital innovation & entrepreneurship
- The optional Portfolio Management Program allows you to analyze, manage and invest a real-money portfolio totaling 3 million Euros.
- The MIM includes up to 11 months of in-company and project experience in German enterprises, Berlin start-ups or abroad. Soft-skills workshops are integrated into the curriculum.
- In the second year, you spend 1.5 months working on a Social Impact Project with an international NGO, non-profit, or social venture. Internships and Social Impact Projects can take place around the globe.
- Students can choose to apply for the optional dual degree program with Yale University or an exchange with Imperial College, Singapore Management University, IE, or Queen’s University.
|Teaching Mode||Full Time|
|Academic Requirements||No academic background in business or economics required |
Applicants with any academic background may apply.
Early decision deadline: March 31 (first chance to reserve your seat and a €2.000 tuition reduction)
Final deadline: August 31
ESMT Berlin operates on a rolling application basis and reviews applications as soon as they are complete.
- A previous degree (at least Bachelor's equivalent), fulfilling one of the following:
- In order to enroll in the Quantitative Business stream:
- Proof of strong quantitative abilities, whether with a degree in an analytical field (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) or quantitative economics, finance, or a similar topic
- OR a degree in any discipline with a strong GMAT or GRE score (top 20% globally in the quantitative section).
- In order to enroll in the Innovative Management stream:
- A degree in any discipline with excellent grades
- GMAT or GRE is optional but may be requested in certain cases by the Admissions Team
- Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum) or equivalent proof of English fluency