Address:Manchester Business School
Booth Street West
M15 6PB Manchester
Studying at Manchester Business School
Manchester Business School is the largest campus-based business and management school in the UK, offering an impressive range of programmes and services to both students and business.
By choosing to study here, you will be joining a dynamic, world-class business school acknowledged as one of the leading business and management schools in Europe and one of the top 50 in the world. Our students have the opportunity to learn in a forward-thinking, research-led environment, working with academics at the cutting-edge of their fields.
We have around 2,000 students on campus and a teaching staff of 227. We also support more than 3,500 students worldwide through distance-learning and external programmes and benefit from excellent links with both business and the public sector.
Manchester Business School provides a world-class business and management education to undergraduates, postgraduates, highly experienced practitioners and people wishing to pursue academic careers. Our masters programmes focus on today’s key management challenges, and offer you the chance to develop in-depth knowledge of specialist areas, shaping your career in the direction of your choice.
Your Personal Contact at Manchester Business School
Janet Cusworth is Senior Marketing Officer, Masters courses at Manchester Business School (MBS). She would be happy to answer your questions, for example on MBS's Master programs or what it's like studying at MBS. Janet Cusworth strongly encourages you to request more information.
Please use the REQUEST INFO Button above to contact her.
Manchester Business School - The Location
Manchester, the original modern city, birthplace of the computer, and the industrial revolution, is a European business capital. During recent years the city has been at the forefront of urban regeneration and is a cool and energetic metropolis with stunning architecture. Today’s Manchester is a bustling hub of business growth and commercial investment.
You can be part of the fastest-growing city region outside of London. The city is also the largest centre for financial, professional and legal services outside London, employing more than 200,000 people. Manchester’s global reputation for innovation has made the city a major centre for the creative, digital and new media sector. Its international importance will increase with the relocation of five BBC departments to the 200-acre ‘MediaCity:UK’ development.
The culture in Manchester is as rich and diverse as the people. The city has events, facilities and cultural attractions to suit every lifestyle. It also has a world class transport infrastructure, including buses, trams and a train network with connections throughout the UK, plus a major international airport with daily flights arriving from 200 destinations. And of course the city’s love of sport is epitomised by Manchester United, perhaps the greatest football club in the world.
Manchester is a big city with a compact and friendly centre. It is a trendsetting music and style capital that has a place for traditional street markets and local restaurants, pubs and clubs. We are at the heart of the city, just a short walk from the city centre and all its attractions.
This is Manchester. Come and live it.
Manchester Business School - Financial aid
We offer a limited number of Manchester Business School scholarships for the MSc International Business and Management course, starting in September 2010. There are five £3,000 awards available towards tuition fees. Manchester Business School offers scholarships on individual merit based on:
- academic credentials
- statement of purpose (in your statement of purpose, you should include information on any prizes or previous awards you've received, where you are placed in your class)
- academic references
- any relevant work experience (we encourage you to submit a cv detailing work undertaken during this time)
How to apply for an MBS scholarship
- All candidates who apply to the course and are offered a place are considered - there is no additional scholarship application process.
- All candidates who have already applied and been accepted onto the course prior to this announcement for 2010 entry will also be automatically considered.
- All applicants who apply and receive an offer between 16th March and 15th July 2010 will be considered for a scholarship and notified of their award by 31st July 2010.
- Unsuccessful candidates will not be notified. If you have not heard from us by the above deadline dates, you have not been selected for a scholarship.
- Those candidates who are sponsored, or in receipt of any other scholarship, eg Chevening, will not normally be eligible.
Please note that you will only be considered for a scholarship when your application is complete. Check our ten-step guide to ensure you provide all your supporting documents.
Manchester Business School - Rankings
The 2010 Financial Times surveys ranks our MBA 7th in the UK, 15th in Europe and 40th in the world. Over the last three years The FT ranks us at an average position of 31. In the same FT survey our doctoral programme was rated as number two in the world.
We continue to be a world leader in our commitment to teaching business in its international context, ranking 7th in the world and 4th in Europe for international experience on the programme. The survey also shows that 84% of our MBA students were in employment three months after graduating, with MBS 11th in the world for career progress. Other surveys include:
- The Forbes survey, which ranks business schools on their "return on investment" (ROI) via a survey of alumni salaries, ranks our MBA programme fifth in the world, based on return on investment
- Business Week ROI survey 2008 ranked Manchester Business School 3rd in the world for Return on Investment on graduation
- In the Which MBA? survey we are 5th in the UK and 8th in Europe
- The MBA Career Guide survey of international MBA recruiters places us 2nd in the UK, 7th in Europe and 15th in the world.
- The 2009 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities placed The University of Manchester in 41st place in the world, a rise of 12 places in four years.
Our 2008 RAE profile showed that 60% of the MBS research output was rated as either world or international class. The 2008 RAE results placed MBS at number one in the UK in terms of research power.
The MSc in Management was ranked in the Financial Times Master in Management Ranking 2011 for the first time and directly achieved position 58.
Manchester Business School - Accreditation
We're part of a small and select band of institutions worldwide who are accredited by all three major bodies - AACSB International, AMBA and EQUIS.
- AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - focuses on overall quality and continuous improvement. Just seven UK schools have achieved accreditation. Its headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri.
- AMBA - the Association of MBAs - is market-driven and international in focus. Ours was the first distance learning MBA to be accredited for the maximum five years.
- EQUIS - the European Quality Improvement System - is the accreditation arm of the European Foundation for Management Education (efmd). It emphasises internationalism and real world relevance.
The UK government body (HEFCE) ranks MBS teaching capabilities as 'Excellent', the highest category.
Manchester Business School - Why to study here
The essential reason to study at Manchester Business School is simple – we look to produce graduates who are able to think differently. We provide you with an in-depth knowledge and specialisation, and above all with the ability to adapt and excel within the ever changing and challenging environment of modern business.
We are the largest campus-based business and management school in the UK, yet it is not simply our size that sets us apart. The way we teach each course across the broad business spectrum produces graduates able to think originally. It gives them a head start when they begin to apply their knowledge throughout their career. Fundamental to this approach is the unrivalled quality of our academic staff, who are revered and respected around the world and the majority have international teaching experience. Their advice is sought on a regular basis by blue chip companies and governments alike.
The excellence of our research speaks for itself. We are one of only a handful of business schools to be recognised by all three international business school and MBA accrediting bodies. An international perspective is now essential to success. Our masters’ degrees attract students from over 70 countries so you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues of different nationalities. On graduation you’ll become one of our 27,000 alumni in 140 countries, arguably the best contact network you will have in your career.
This is backed by our award winning careers service – voted No. 1 in the UK – and our dedicated MBS team. The result is that our graduates are sought by companies across the globe, from the Bank of New York to Royal Dutch Shell, Lenovo to Procter & Gamble.Study at Manchester Business School and you can look forward to similar exciting career prospects.