1, rue de la Libération
78350 Jouy-en-Josas Cedex
Studying at HEC Paris
The HEC Paris attaches great importance to provide their students with a very strong sense of responsibility in all areas, following the more recent happenings of the economic crisis around the world. Impulsiveness is not encouraged and decision making is taught to be based on expert knowledge and consideration of every possibility involved in the process. As future leaders, the students are supposed to show integrity and throughout their studies grow into mature and socially responsible individuals.
HEC's Faculty is highly dedicated to academic research and has also gained well-established expertise in all areas of business. This ensures that the training provided is based on the latest developments in market disciplines.
HEC Paris - The Location
Located close to Paris and Versailles, the 300-acre wooded HEC Paris campus is one of the largest in Europe. The campus is also close to 'La Défense', one of the largest European business districts housing the headquarters of many multinational companies. These companies interact with HEC Paris both as partners and as potential recruiters.
HEC Paris offers on-campus accommodation for students who wish to be in the heart of and intensive student life.
HEC Paris - Financial aid
- HEC Merit-based scholarships,
- CROUS (European students)
- Corporate partner scholarships
- Eiffel Scholarship (non-European students)
HEC Paris - Rankings
HEC PARIS - 2011 main Rankings
European Business School
#1 for the sixth year in a row, Financial Times
MSc in Management – Grande Ecole
#4 worldwide, Financial Times
#1 in Franc, Le Point, Le Figaro, l’Etudiant, …
Masters in International Finance
#1 worldwide, pre-experience Global Masters in Finance, Financial Times
#18 worldwide, Financial Times
#9 worldwide, The Wall Street Journal
#8 worldwide (outside US), Forbes
#13 worldwide (outside US), Business Week
#14 worldwide, #4 in Europe, The Economist
Executive Education programs
#1 worldwide, Financial Times
#2 Custom programs worldwide, #1 in Europe, Financial Times
#2 worldwide TRIUM Global Executive MBA, Financial Times
HEC Paris - Accreditation
HEC Paris is the first business school in France to hold the three prestigious accreditations from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS and has recently joined the ParisTech network.
HEC Paris - Why study here
HEC Paris has a long-standing reputation for the quality of its programs and the placement of its graduates.
International exposure & accreditation
- # 1 Business School in Europe, FT since 2006
- # 1 worldwide Global Masters in Finance, FT 2011
- Amongst the top 100 best institutions in “Economics and Business”, ARWU, 2011
- A triple Crown accreditation: AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
- A wide portfolio of alliances with top universities and business schools worldwide
- Double Degrees in the MSc in Management: MIT, Esade, St Gallen University, Bocconi, RSM,, GSOM St Petersburg, IIM Ahmedabad, FGV Sao Paulo, TUM, Freie Universität, Tsinghua. Dual degree CEMS MIM and numerous other exchange possibilities worldwide.
Academic excellence in all areas of business
HEC Paris offers their students high quality business education by professors with PhDs from top international universities (114 full-time professors, 57% international, 30 nationalities). The HEC Faculty is highly dedicated to academic research and has also well-established expertise in all areas of business. This ensures that the training provided is based on the latest developments in market disciplines. The HEC Faculty has been ranked 3rd for Research in the 2011 FT ranking.
An exhaustive pre-experience Master portfolio
- The 2 years MSc in Management - Grande Ecole (MIM) is designed for students holding a Bachelor degree in any field and who wish to acquire a pertinent academic and practical knowledge in general management combined with a specialization preparing them for an international career.
- The 12 months Master Programs in Finance, International Business, Financial Economics, Marketing, Strategy and Sustainable Development are designed for students who want to acquire an expertise in a specific field of management.
- The Certificate, open to students enrolled in a Master program, is a unique opportunity to study a short interdisciplinary program on top of their Master. The ‘Certificates’ are sponsored by companies such as Société Générale, Deloitte, Unibail-Rodamco, Danone, Schneider Electric, Safran, PPR Luxury Group (Gucci, YSL, Balenciaga, ...), Priceminister, Free, …
An exciting social life on a 300 acre campus close to Paris
Extracurricular involvement allows students to link academic knowledge with practical experience and thereby leads to a better understanding of not only their own abilities and potential for leadership but also their career goals.
Students are not only part of the 4500 students of 98 nationalities, but they also receive an exceptional social experience by living on campus, joining some of the 120 student associations and by practicing sports activities.
Dedicated placement services through close links to the International Business World
The Career Services aims at facilitating the professional integration of students. They organize workshops and seminars on: interviewing, resume writing, professional targeting techniques, personal coaching, company presentations, conferences, the alumni day, job/internship fairs (finance, consulting, law, and the annual general job fair over two days).
Over 250 companies come to campus every year to participate in fairs, presentations, courses, conferences, certificates, business games, recruitment forums, mock interviews, etc. The top recruiting companies in 2010 were BNP Paribas, Bain & Company, BCG, PWC, Crédit Agricole, Oliver Wyman, BearingPoint, Canal+, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Nomura, Rothschild & Cie and Société Générale.
A worldwide alumni network
The Alumni Association is open to all HEC graduates, regardless of their institution (HEC MBA, HEC Masters and HEC Doctorate). The 46,000 members represented in 113 countries and in 63 international chapters meet regularly both for business and leisure.